MEDIEVAL CASTLE FOR SALE IN PIEDMONT

41 photos
Medieval castle in Piemont dating back to the XIth century immersed in a wonderful park of secular trees and overlooking the Monferrato hills. The property in Italy presents a main structure with a quadrangular tower ending with a loggia.
 
During the centuries the property has been renovated, with arched windows at the top of the tower, stone balconies of the façade and the restructuring of the staircase and  boardroom dating back to the XVIIIth century. In the same period the oldest part of the castle was renovated to create a large neo-Gothic dining room and a theatre above it decorated with frescoes showing episodes from “Don Quixote”. In addition, inside a courtyard a small chapel was constructed which is still consecrated today.
 
The castle is composed by a fortified area and an area dedicated to the staff. The former includes a wonderful frescoed living room with bas-reliefs, a private chapel and an internal courtyard. On the upper level we find three apartments. The main floor hosts two suites with frescoed walls, the King room, a suite with a XVIIIth century terrace, two XVIIIth century living rooms with fireplaces, a dance hall, a music hall, a library and a courtyard. A further eight bedrooms are to be found as well as a living room which is used as a theatre. The staff part is composed of the ex- stables which form a closed courtyard and are now  used as warehouses. The guardian apartment with terrace is also located here. Near the castle there is a XVIth century restored guesthouse. It is composed of three structures and hosts 12 bedrooms furnished with antique furniture, a living room with a fireplace, a breakfast room, a kitchen, a cupboard, bathrooms and warehouses. The basement may be used to create more bedrooms, a fitness centre and so on. A part is also used for cellars since the farm of the castle produces several kinds of wines.
 
The estate is surrounded by 19 hectares of grounds subdivided between park with trees, hedges and a beautiful swimming pool and grounds used by the farm.
 
Thanks to its architectural modifications and its perfect state of preservation this estate is one of the most beautiful castles in Italy and represents the piccale of Italian luxury real estate and exclusive homes.

Technical Details  

Interior surface: 5962 m2

Exterior surface: 19 he

 

Castle: 4407 m2 + 4 he of wood and park

Guesthouse: 1357 m2 + 700 m2 courtyard

 

Farm: 198 m2 + 15 he of ground

 

swimming pool

tennis court

chapel

theatre

cellars for wine production

possibility to realized heliport

 

Alessandria km 45 – Turin km 56 – Genova km 124 – Milan km 105 -  "Il Golfino" Golf Club km 10 –Torino Airport km 61 – Thermal Baths  km 50 – Highway exit: Casale Monferrato North km 12.

Ref: 2339
price: 5M to 10M

Castels For Sale Italy

Villa in Italy
Italy Luxury Homes

Contact

In order to help you as much as possible please fill in the underlying fields specifying the language in which you wish to receive a reply. Lionard will contact you as quickly as possible.

First Name *
Last Name *
Email*
Telephone*
Company
Language*
Country *
Message *
Privacy *
I accept the conditions of D.Lgs. 196/03.

Tel.: +39 055 0548100

Piedmont Alessandria

Alessandria was founded in 1168 with the precise intent of creating an obstacle through its strategic position to the Marquis of Montferrat Guglielmo the Old, a staunch supporter and relative to Emperor Federico I “Barbarossa”. It was named in honour of the Emperor’s opponent, Pope Alexander III and together with Milan it became the indomitable symbol of the Longobards.  In 1348 Alessandria fell into the hands of the Visconti, passing to the Sforza, following the path of Milan, until 1707 when it was ceded to the House of Savoy and henceforth formed part of Piedmont Region.  This new period of prosperity was marked by the construction of a large Citadel (Cittadella XVIII century) on the left side of the river Tanaro. With Napoleon's success at the Battle of Marengo (1800), it fell to France and became the capital of the Napoleonic Département of Marengo. During this period another substantial fort was built to the north of the city containing impressive and substantial barracks which are still used as a military HQ and stores (2006). The remains of a second fort to the south of the city (Cristo quarter) have been divided in two by a railway (Forte ferrovia); and a third one still remains in the middle of the same quarter (Forte Acqui). From 1814 Alessandria was Savoyard territory once more, part of the Kingdom of Sardinia.  During the years of the Risorgimento, Alessandria was an active center for the liberals.  In the Spinetta Marengo suburb on June 14th the Battle of Marengo is reenacted annually. Alessandria was also the first Italian province to be governed by a Socialist major, Paolo Sacco, who was elected on July 25th 1899.  During World War II Alessandria was subjected to intense Allied bombing, the most serious episode taking place on April 30th 1944 which left 238 people dead and hundreds wounded followed by 160 dead on the 5th of April 1945 including 60 children from the asylum in Via Gagliaudo.  By the end of that month the city was liberated from German occupation (1943-1945) by the partisan resistance and troops from the Brazilian Expeditionary Force.