HISTORIC REAL ESTATE NEAR VERONA
Few metres from the river Adige in the valleys of Verona it is located an important residential complex of high historical and environmental interest for the area where it takes place.
The property is dated back between the XVI and the XVII century, but it is only in recent years that the buildings are subject to a careful renovation that is still in progress and aims to give back to the residence its original spectacular beauty and charm. The attention has been particularly focused on the restoration of the historical structures and of the existing elements in respect of the different characteristics of each building representing their distinctive feature. The purpose, therefore, is to not modify the morphology of the constructions, but to preserve the original functions of the edifices that are closely related to their shape. The manor and the adjacent "barchessa" are particularly significant for the restoration process, because, despite the centuries, they seem still immersed in an atmosphere that reminds the fantastic stories of knights and ladies.
In collaboration with the Superintendency for Architectural and Landscape Heritage for the cities of Verona, Rovigo and Vicenza and the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, were carried out high-level and thorough restoration works that have contributed to the valorisation of this complex. The re-use of material from those buildings and the adaptation of the structures and original functions to the current period are some of the special devices that have rediscovered the historical and cultural value of the residence.
price: 5M to 10M
Villas For Sale in Italy
Homes in Veneto
Verona, thanks to its geographical location, has been inhabited since the Neolithic, probably when a village was founded near the southern hill of San Pietro along the river Adige. In Roman times Verona was a very important political and commercial centre of which there are still traces: the Arena, the Roman Theatre, the Gavi Arch, Porta Borsari, the archaeological area of Porta Leoni and the Scaligeri ruins. This area, located in the city centre, just few metres from Piazza Erbe, became in the Middle Ages the seat of political and administrative power. In the following years until the year 1000 northern Italy was devastated by numerous wars, but Verona was always loyal to the emperors of the Holy Roman Empire during the long investiture conflict with the Papacy. The foundation of the Commune was in 1136 with the election of the first consuls, and, at the same time, two parties developed and took the name of Guelphs and Ghibellines. Verona was initially very involved by the conflict between these two factions, because in the city were the most important forces of the Guelph party, while Verona was mainly Ghibellines. On 24 June 1405 Venice took the control of Verona that began a long period of peace until 1501, when the Venetian Republic was attacked by the League of Cambrai. With the Venetian domination Verona became a destination for intellectuals, thinkers and artists of that time, such as Goethe, Heine, Stendhal. In 1630 Verona saw the tragedy of the plague and the population was decimated. The year 1796 marked a very important moment for Verona: the entry of the troops of Napoleon Bonaparte in the city. Then the signing of the Treaty of Campoformio in 1797 established the passage of the entire Venetian area under the control of the Austrians. The Italian story of Verona began on 16 October 1866 with the conquest of Veneto from the Savoy family after the third indipendence war.