Exclusive Home in Italy

full screen
49 photos

The epitomy of luxury real estate in Italy, an exclusive home located on the hills of Lucca where this ancient villa has its origins in the late XV and early XVI century. The residence is immersed in the tranquil nature and enjoys a magnificent view over the rolling green hills of Tuscany stretching all the way to the sea.

The villa has an elongated structure, typical of the Lucca style, and its façade is embellished with ornate windows with simple and elegant stone cornices and a characteristic portal. The front entrance to the villa is has a wonderful double staircase with a beautiful Italian garden at its base.

The villa develops over five floors. In the basement there is a billiard room connected directly to the garden. The basement hosts a large dining room, a living room with an big stone fireplace, two bathrooms, a spacious kitchen with adjoining pantry and refrigerated cellar. Crossing the entrance on the ground floor you can reach a spacious living room with a fireplace and bright French windows, a dining room, a second living room with fireplace, a study, a bathroom and a main bedroom with bathroom, wardrobe-room and a small living room. The first floor completes the sleeping area with three bedrooms with bathrooms, a service room with bathroom and a studio with bathroom. The upper floor consists of laundry rooms.

In addition to the residence, the property includes an important farm consisting of several rural buildings and dedicated to the production of oil thanks to the olive groves on the property that are distributed over a total of 111 hectares of grounds. Although an authentic historic villa and one of a kind at that, the property has been completely renovated and modernised and boasts all creature comforts including a heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi as well as a private helipad.

Technical Details
 
Interior surface: 2.825 m2
Exterior surface: 111 he
 
Villa: 1.220 m2
bedroom with bathrooms: 4
main bedroom with bathrooms: 1
bathrooms: 3
living rooms: 3
dining rooms: 2
kitchen: 1
 
plus other rooms and technical areas
 
n. 4 country houses: 620 m2
n. 2 churches: 120 m2
Farm and farmhouses: 865 m2
Heated pool with jacuzzi
Heliport
Aqueduct
Wood
Olive groves
Total ground surface: 111 ha
 
Lucca km 19 - Viareggio km 7 - Forte dei Marmi km 18 - Golf Club km 9 - Thermal Baths km 18 - Pisa airport km 37 - Highway exit: exit Lucca ovest/Viareggio/Genova km 13.
Ref: 0409
price: On Application

Luxury Homes

High End Real Estate
Exclusive Properties

Contact

In order to help you as much as possible please fill in the underlying fields specifying the language in which you wish to receive a reply. Lionard will contact you as quickly as possible.

First Name *
Last Name *
Email*
Telephone*
Company
Language*
Country *
Message *
Privacy *
I accept the conditions of D.Lgs. 196/03.

Tel.: +39 055 0548100

Tuscany Hills of Lucca

Lucca was founded by the Etruscans and became a Roman colony in 180 BC. The Holy Face of Lucca (or Volto Santo), a major relic supposedly carved by Nicodemus, arrived in 742. It became prosperous through the silk trade that began in the 11th century, and came to rival the silks of Byzantium. During the 10-11th centuries Lucca was the capital of the feudal margravate of Tuscany, more or less independent but owing nominal allegiance to the Holy Roman Emperor. After the death of Matilda of Tuscany, the city began to constitute itself an independent commune. For almost 500 years, Lucca remained an independent republic.

In 1314, internal discord allowed Uguccione della Faggiuola of Pisa to make himself lord of Lucca. The Lucchesi expelled him two years later, and handed over the city to another condottiere Castruccio Castracani, under whose rule it became a leading state in central Italy. Lucca rivalled Florence until Castracani's death in 1328. On 22 and 23 September 1325, in the battle of Altopascio, Castracani defeated Florence's Guelphs. Occupied by the troops of Louis of Bavaria, the city was sold to a rich Genoese, Gherardino Spinola, then seized by the king of Bohemia. Pawned to the Rossi of Parma, ceded to Martino della Scala of Verona, sold to the Florentines, surrendered to the Pisans, and then nominally liberated by the emperor Charles IV. Lucca managed, at first as a democracy, and after 1628 as an oligarchy, to maintain its independence alongside of Venice and Genoa, and painted the word Libertas on its banner until the annextion to the Reign of Italy, in 1860.
 
The rectangular grid of its historical center preserves the Roman street plan, and the Piazza San Michele occupies the site of the ancient forum. Traces of the amphitheatre can still be seen in the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro. Dante spent some of his exile in Lucca. Dante’s Divine Comedy includes many references to the great feudal families who had huge jurisdictions with administrative and judicial rights.