Villa For Sale in Lucca extending over 3 levels
Converted from an old 1600 residence in Lucca, this luxury property extends over three levels with a surface area of 810m2 and surrounded by a hectare of land with a large lawn planted with tall trees and lemon trees. The villa, which is accessed through a hedge lined avenue, has been completely renovated keeping intact the charm of the past and overlooks the valley below enjoying a wonderful view over the hills lined with green and silver olive trees and over the plain of Lucca. For the restructuring, within which a project for the construction of a swimming pool was included but not completed, the stone, brick and the old original wooden beams were re-used.
The ancient fireplaces were also recovered plus a charming wood oven, recreating the flavour and atmosphere of the homes of the past. An impressive stone staircase is like a backbone for the house, connecting the different levels: staff quarters were created in the taverna, a small study and a large reception room for guests with a wine cellar and a beautiful arch in exposed brick forms the entrance. Going to the ground floor, there is a large central entrance hall where a mosaic floor and an old table “fratino” style are beautiful focal points; from the entrance, you cross a double lounge area with TV, a large kitchen with stone fireplace and a still functioning ancient wood oven to continue towards the sleeping area with a single room, a double bedroom and a bathroom.
The upper floor was cleverly divided into two apartments, each comprising a studio, a double bedroom with private bathroom and kitchen, connected between them by a fully furnished living room with parquet oak flooring that gives the environment a warm and welcoming atmosphere typical of Lucca villas.
price: Up to 2,5M
Interiors surface: 810 m2
Exterior surface: 1 he
other rooms and technical shed: 7
private staff house
plan for a pool
Pisa: 30 km - Florence: 62 km - Lucca: 4 km - Forte dei Marmi: 37 km - Golf club Lappato: 5 km -Thermal baths : 18 km - Impianti sciistici: 48 km - Pisa airport: 39 km - Highway: exit Capannori: 15 kmRef: 0068
price: Up to 2,5M
Luxury Property in Italy
Italian Villa For Sale
Tuscan Villa For Sale
It is presumed that the territory of Capannori was already populated at the time of the descent into Italy of the Lombards but this history begins in the year 745, the year in which a monk settled on the area and founded a chapel there, the "little house" from which the name of the town follows, dedicated to San Quirico.
From the outset, the village of Capannori was subjected to the hegemony of the city of Lucca, under whose rule it developed in the following centuries, becoming a thriving rural centre.
Between the XIII and XIV centuries, the city of Lucca began a massive task of fortification of the village in preparation for the advancing Republic of Pisa, with which it was locked in an ongoing power struggle.
A few years later the city was liberated from the tyranny thanks to Castruccio Castracani, who was then elected Duke of Lucca, Pisa, Pistoia, Luni and Volterra. A certain political stability was thus restored that allowed the community to soon become one of the most important rural centres of the region.
From Pisans to the French, the way was short, and at the end of the French occupation, the city of Lucca and all the possessions of the latter, also of Capannori, came to be part of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany under Leopold II of Lorraine, remaining as such until annexation to the Kingdom of Italy occurred in 1861 brought about by King Vittorio Emanuele II of Savoy.