Luxury Property For Sale

45 photos
This historic luxury home is located in the town of Capannori, in Lucca. Surrounded by extensive grounds, the building is the accumulated result of the work done by its different owners over the centuries. As early as the Longobard era (9th century), there was a fortress on the site, inhabited by the Duke of Tuscia.
 
One of the most unique luxury properties in Italy, it passed into the hands of the Orsettis, a wealthy noble family that reconstructed the palazzo and built a splendid baroque garden adorned with waterworks, nympheums, tubs and statues, many portions of which have been preserved to the present. The Orsetti were also responsible for the construction of the small "Clock" building. In 1806 the luxury home became the property of Elisa Bonaparte, Napoleon's sister, who also purchased the adjoining Villa del Vescovo, plus the land that came with it, thus doubling the size of the property. The grounds were redesigned in the English style, with numerous trees transplanted from the Royal Park in Naples. As for the late Renaissance Palazzo of the Orsetti, it was renovated in a neoclassic style by the architects Giovanni Lazzerini and P.T. Bienaimè. The interior was also modified in this period, with work done by Italian artists, including Tofanelli, who painted the fresco of the Dance of the Hours preserved in the large ball room on the ground floor. Important guests were called on to enliven the life of the Court, such as Niccolò Paganini and Metternich, and mention must naturally be made of the premiere of Racine's Phaedra in the Villa's Greenery Theatre. After Napoleon had been driven out by the English, the Villa fell under the control of the Bourbons. It was in this period that the sovereign, Maria Luisa, with a kaffeehaus and the Astronomical Observatory of Lucca, unfortunately never completed. Since 1928, the Villa has belonged to the Pecci-Blunt family, which has overseen the maintenance and restoration of this luxury property for sale.
Technical Details
Interiors surface:       18000 m2
Exteriors surface:  19 hectares
 
imperial villa:                  2126 m2
bishop's villa:                 1800 m2
The Clock building:         4200 m2
private chapel:                   80 m2
caretaker & staffhouse:    254 m2
pool & changing rooms:   160 m2
sawmill:                          375 m2
lemon-tree - nursery &
adjoining buildings:          960 m2
 
god Pan grotto:    106 m2
water theatre:        50 m2
greenery theatre:  160 m2
moorish-style garden
lemon-tree garden
tennis court
man-made pond
olive grove & vineyard 
pasture land & woods 
meadow
 
 
Pisa: 30 km - Florence: 62 km - Lucca: 4 km - Forte dei Marmi: 37 km - Golf club Lappato: 5 km - Thermal bath : 18 km - Sky slopes: 48 km - Pisa Airport: 39 km - Highway exit: Capannori 15 km
 
Ref: 2058
price: On Application

Luxury Villa For Sale Italy

Tuscan Villa For Sale
Buy House Italy

Contact

In order to help you as much as possible please fill in the underlying fields specifying the language in which you wish to receive a reply. Lionard will contact you as quickly as possible.

First Name *
Last Name *
Email*
Telephone*
Company
Language*
Country *
Message *
Privacy *
I accept the conditions of D.Lgs. 196/03.

Tel.: +39 055 0548100

Tuscany Lucca

The early history of Marlia dates back to the dawn of recorded time, though the discovery of remains of Ligurian tombs show that it was already inhabited a few centuries before Christ, and there is also evidence of the presence of a Roman colony.
 
A while later the Longobards also took up residence in the area, though Marlia must have been a marshy zone at the time, seeing that one of the branches of the Serchio River passed through it.

The marsh in question would appear to be the explanation for the name found on documents up to the 12th century: "Marilla", or small sea.
 
The town's ideal position persuaded many different figures to choose it as the site for constructing their palazzos and castles, including Ugo the Great, the Marquis of Tuscany, as well as Count Ildebrando and the Emperors of Saxony, Otto I and Otto II.
 
Following the year one thousand, the wealth and prosperity known by Marlia gave way to far sadder times: the town was destroyed by Florentine forces in the 14th century, and only a few years afterward its population was decimated by the plague.

Marlia revived itself, and there its even mention of one of its citizens known for printing books of excellent quality just a few years after Gutenberg's invention. The town grew slowly but steadily, up to our day, when Marlia is known primarily for its manufacturing plants.