Luxury Villa For Sale Italy
Placed on the Pisa hills and surrounded by a rich wood amongst farms and splendid scenery, this luxury villa enjoys of a wonderful panoramic view on the valley of Cecina river and is short-distance from the sea.
The property has 8 hectares of grounds of which four are designed for production of Montescudaio DOC wine and four hectares are occupied by olive groves and Tuscan wood.
Completing the property are a 180m2 villa, that is on the top of the hill, a cellar of 160m2 in the level land of the farm, a warehouse of 135m2 and a wood chalet of 42m2.
The villa is characterized by the typical Tuscan architecture, with floors done in terracotta tiles and wood door and window frames. Interiors are on a level, but in staggered levels and it is furnished with luxury furniture in rural style. It hosts a large living-dining room, two bedrooms, three bathrooms, a studio and a kitchen.
Opposite the villa there are a roofing of 30m2, used as warehouse and a garage. The cellar consists of a building on a level.
Completing the property are two buildings: the chalet and warehouse used as relais chateau. The chalet is a little wood structure on a stonework foundation and boasts two bedrooms, a dining room, a kitchen and a bathroom overlooking on vineyards.
The warehouse has been obtained by an ancient jam and preserve factory and has a stone structure with the possibility to realize three flats or small Tuscan villas.
The property is arranged to realize a swimming pool.
price: Up to 2,5M
Interiors surface: 550m2
Exteriors surface: 8 he
living rooms: 1
dining rooms: 1
dining rooms: 1
plus other rooms and technical areas: 3
Montescudaio vineyard: 4 he
Wood and pasture: 4 he
Total ground area: 8 he
Pisa km 56 – Cecina km 10 – Castiglioncello km 20 – Volterra km 27 – Livorno km 39 – San Gimignano km 56 – Golf Club Tirrenia km 38 – La Bagnaia Resort & SPA km 48 – Pisa Airport km 57 – Highway exit: Rosignano Marittimo km 15.Ref: 2228
price: Up to 2,5M
The place name comes from the compound of the Latin Word “ Mons” (mount) and of “Scutarius”, that means “a person who builds shields”. Montescudaio is quoted for the first time in an official document dating back to 1091 and referring to the donation of the Count Ghrerardo della Gherardesca of a church entitled to Saint Andrew to the Benedectine nuns, who lived in a monastery that was previously built by the same count. Despite the Gherardesca’s Count lived in Pisa, they exercised for a long their jurisdiction on the village of Montescudaio and on the monastery too. The Counts rebelled against the Pisan Republic by allying in 1345 with the troops of the Milan Dukedom who was sent by Luchino Visconti. At the beginning of the XVth century the Gherardesca’s Counts subdued to the Republic of Florence and consequently the village of Montescudaio was under the Florentine jurisdiction. At the end of the same century, owing to the Counts’ activities against the Republic of Florence, this latter confiscated their properties, among them also Montescudaio that was definitely annexed to the Florentine possessions. In 1479, under the Medici’s domination, Montescudaio was elevated to the rank of autonomous common. In 1648 the Grand Duke Ferdinando II gave the village as a feud, titled “Marquisate”, to the aristocratic family of Ridolfi that held the control of the village up to the beginning of the XVIIIth century. The period of the Ridolfi’s domination was characterized by continuous conflicts between the inhabitants of Montescudaio and the same Ridolfi family because of the overpower exercised by this letter, who had the control of all the resources of the whole territory. In 1727, by dieing the last Ridolfi’s direct descendant, Montescudaio came back again to the Florentine Grand Dukedom but, in 1735, the Grand Duke Giangastone of Medici gave again the village as feud to Cosimo Ignazio Ridolfi. The investiture was confirmed again in 1738 by Francesco II of Lorena and the Ridolfi’s family continued to exercised its jurisdiction on Montescudaio until 1778. At the beginning of the XIXth century the territory of Montescudaio was invaded by the Napoleonic troops who stayed on until 1814. In 1815 Montescudaio entered again the Tuscan Grand Dukedom, of which it was part up to the Unity of Italy occurred on 1861 by the action of the King Vittorio Emanuele II of Savoia.